Railway Recruitment Cells (RRCs) are currently issuing joining letters and dates for the RRB Group D 2023 exam. The list of candidates who have been issued joining letters is available in PDF form and includes details such as name, father’s name, and reporting time. RRCs are also releasing allotment lists for the RRC Group D 2023 exam and conducting document verification for absentee/pending candidates.
The RRB Group D result in 2023 for the part panel has already been announced, and the final result has been declared based on the candidates’ performance in the Computer-Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Document Verification (DV), and Medical Exam. The roll numbers of qualified candidates have been made available in PDF format, and selected candidates will receive a letter of appointment from the respective railway administrations.
Candidates who have received training from CCAAs (Centralized Training Institutes) in railway establishments have been given due weightage for marks obtained in their NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training) exam in the preparation of the final merit list. Such candidates have also been exempted from the Physical Efficiency Test (PET), and their empanelment is done based on document verification and qualifying the medical standards.
The RRB Group D Level 1 2023 exam is being conducted to fill up a total of 1,03,769 vacancies for various posts such as Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant in various technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical, and S&T departments), Pointsman, and other Level-I posts. This article covers important information about the RRB Group D recruitment notification, exam dates, selection process, eligibility, vacancies, admit card, syllabus, and more.
What is RRB GROUP D?
The RRB Group D 2023 Recruitment is a high-level national examination that the Railway Recruitment Cells (RRC) conduct through the RRBs. This test presents an exceptional professional opportunity for those who have completed their tenth grade and aspire to become a part of the esteemed Indian Railways.
The RRB Group D recruitment process facilitates the selection of candidates for various positions in Level-1 of the seventh CPC pay matrix, including, but not limited to, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Assistant/Helper in different technical departments, namely Electrical, Mechanical, and S&T departments, and Assistant Pointsman. The RRC Group D 2023 exam received registration applications from over 1.15 crore aspirants, vying for 1,03,769 open vacancies.
RRB Group D 2023 Summary
Some of the important highlights of the RRB Group D exam are given below.
|RRB Group D
|Number of vacancies
|Number of applicants
|CBT, Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Document Verification, and Medical Examination
|Class 10 pass
|18 to 33 years
|General Science, Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, and General Awareness and Current Affairs
|CBT: 100 marks
|For each correct answer in CBT, candidates score one mark 1/3 marks are deducted for wrong answers
|Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu
|INR 500 (for all candidates except the fee concession categories) INR 250 for PwBD/Female /Transgender/ Ex-Servicemen/SC/ST/Minority Communities/ Economically Backward Class is
|Around 200 cities
RRB Group D Admit Card 2023: All You Need to Know
The RRB Group D admit card 2023 for document verification and medical exams has been released recently. Priorly, the admit card for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) was already released for all qualified candidates for the Computer-Based Test (CBT). The RRB group d selection process for document verification is based on the performance of candidates in both PET and CBT.
To download the RRB Group D admit card, candidates must log in to their respective regional websites of RRCs using their user ID and password. The RRB Group D admit card is a crucial document that is mandatory for candidates to carry during the examination. The admit card for PET was issued to those candidates who successfully cleared CBT of RRC Group D Level-1 2023.
Guidelines for RRB Group D Exam Day
To ensure the safety and security of all candidates during the COVID-19 pandemic, certain guidelines have been implemented on the day of the RRB Group D exam. These guidelines are as follows:
- Candidates must wear masks all the time inside the exam center and must maintain a safe distance from one another.
- Candidates are permitted to carry hand sanitizer inside the exam center.
- Candidates need to carry their RRB Group D admit card along with photo-identity proof to the examination center.
- Impersonation is strictly prohibited, and any candidate found doing so will face strict action.
- Candidates need to arrive at the exam center on time, as latecomers will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- No electronic devices are allowed inside the examination center, and copying, cheating, or any other kind of malpractice is prohibited.
RRB GROUP D Fees
The application fee for the RRB Group D exam varies based on the category of the candidate. The official notification of the exam usually provides details about the fee. The following are the typical application fees for the RRB Group D exam:
- The fee for candidates belonging to the general category is usually in the range of Rs. 500 to Rs. 600.
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/PWD categories, the fee is usually in the range of Rs. 250 to Rs. 400.
Candidates can pay the application fee online using net banking, credit card, debit card, or UPI. The fee can also be paid offline through Challan payment at designated banks. Candidates should check the official notification for the exact fee details and payment options for the specific RRB zone they are applying to.
RRB GROUP D Exam Pattern
The RRB Group D exam consists of three stages:
- Computer-Based Test (CBT):
The CBT is a computer-based test consisting of multiple-choice questions. The exam is divided into four sections – Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science, and General Awareness on Current Affairs. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes and the number of questions varies from 100 to 120 depending on the RRB zone. CBT is the first stage of the selection process.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
Candidates who qualify for the CBT are called for the PET. The PET consists of physical tasks such as lifting and carrying weights, running, etc. The tasks are different for male and female candidates. The PET is only qualifying in nature and no marks are awarded for it.
- Document Verification:
Candidates who qualify for the PET are called for document verification. In this stage, the candidate’s documents are verified, and their eligibility is checked.
The final merit list is prepared based on the combined scores of the CBT, PET, and document verification.
RRB GROUP D Syllabus
The RRB Group D exam syllabus consists of four main sections:
- Mathematics: Number System, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple, and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities, and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions, etc.
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, and Life Sciences (up to 10th standard CBSE syllabus).
- General Awareness of Current Affairs: Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics, and any other subjects of importance.
It is important for candidates to thoroughly prepare for each of these sections to perform well in the exam. Candidates are advised to refer to the official notification and syllabus provided by the RRB for the specific exam they are appearing for.
RRB GROUP D Admit Card and Result:
The RRB Group D admit card and results are essential aspects of the exam process. Here is some information about them:
- The RRB Group D admit card is usually released a few weeks before the exam date.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the RRB they have applied for.
- To download the admit card, candidates need to enter their registration number and date of birth.
- The admit card contains important information such as the candidate’s name, photograph, exam date, time, venue, and instructions for the exam day.
- Candidates must carry a printout of the admit card to the exam center, along with a valid photo ID proof.
Candidates should regularly check the official website of the RRB they have applied for to stay updated about the admit card and result release dates.
The RRB Group D results 2023 for final empanelment have already been released. The roll numbers of the qualified candidates are available in PDF form. The final merit list for RRB Group D is prepared based on the performance of candidates in CBT provided they clear PET, document verification, and medical exams.
RRB Group D Qualifying Marks
To qualify for the CBT, candidates were required to secure the category-wise qualifying marks prescribed for the exam.
|Qualifying marks (In per cent)
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
RRB Group D 2023 Exam Date
The RRB Group D 2023 CBT exam has already been conducted successfully by the Railway Recruitment Boards. The Phase 1 CBT exam was held from August 17 to 25, followed by the Phase 2 exam from August 26 to September 8, and the Phase 3 exam on September 8. The Phase 4 exam was conducted from September 19 to October 7, 2022, while the Phase 5 exam was held on October 6 and 11, 2022.
Originally, the exam was scheduled to take place from April to June 2021, but the dates were postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The recruitment notification for RRB Group D was released in 2019, but the exam was delayed and rescheduled multiple times. Initially, the exam was planned for September-October 2019, but the conducting agency was not finalized, leading to further delays.
The RRB Group D exam was supposed to commence on February 23, 2022, but it was temporarily put on hold due to student protests against the introduction of the CBT 2 exam.
Steps to Apply for RRB Group D
To register for the RRB Group D exam, candidates need to follow these steps:
- Go to the official website-http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in/
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ link
- Enter details such as name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, Aadhaar Number, SSLC/Matric registration number, year of passing, mobile number, and email ID and submit the registration form
- After registration, a registration number and password will be generated
- In Part, I of the application page, provide details of educational qualification, community, gender, religion, Ex-Servicemen, CCAA, Minority, Economically Backward Class, Age Relaxation, and other details
- In Part II of the application page, enter the priority/preference of the RRB Group D posts
- Pay the application fees using Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/UPI and Offline Challan
- Choose the exam languages-Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu
- Fill details of a photo ID card
- Enter bank details for a fee refund
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature, and category certificate for SC/ST candidates
- Agree to the terms and conditions and submit the application form
RRD Group D Scope
The position of RRB Group D is highly sought after in the Indian Railways, as it offers a decent salary and potential for career advancement.
The salary for RRB Group D employees varies based on their location, job role, and years of experience. Initially, the starting salary for RRB Group D employees is around Rs. 18,000 per month, which can increase up to Rs. 60,000 per month with seniority.
In addition to the basic salary, RRB Group D employees are also eligible for various allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, and Transport Allowance, among others.
Regarding career growth, RRB Group D employees can advance in their careers by taking various promotional exams conducted by the Indian Railways. With hard work and dedication, an RRB Group D employee can progress to higher positions such as Assistant Station Master, Goods Guard, and eventually Station Master.
In summary, RRB Group D is an attractive job position in the Indian Railways that offers a good salary and opportunities for career growth.