SSC STENO 2023 Important Dates and Update
The SSC Stenographer 2023 exam has not yet been officially announced by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). In any case, in view of the earlier year’s patterns, the speculative significant dates for the SSC Transcriber 2023 test are as per the following:
|SSC steno admit card
|Application process begins
|Last date to apply
|Ssc steno admit card
|Declaration of result
|To be announced
There has been no official announcement regarding any changes to the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam pattern, syllabus, or eligibility requirements. The SSC will, however, include a mention of any such updates in the official notification.
About SSC Stenographer Exam
- The SSC Stenographer 2023 exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit stenographers in Grade C and Grade D for various departments and ministries of the Government of India. The exam is held once a year in online mode.
- The exam has two stages – Stage I (Computer Based Test) and Stage II (Skill Test). The Computer Based Test is further divided into three sections – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language and Comprehension. The skill test is conducted for candidates who clear the Computer Based Test and involves a dictation test in which candidates have to transcribe the dictated passage within a given time limit.
- Candidates who wish to apply for the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam must fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the SSC. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for the exam is a 12th pass certificate from a recognized board.
- The selection process for the SSC Stenographer exam involves clearing both stages of the exam, followed by a document verification process. Candidates who successfully clear all the stages of the exam and document verification process are eligible for selection as stenographers in Grade C and Grade D for various departments and ministries of the Government of India.
SSC STENO 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam are as follows:
|The candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
|The candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
|The age limit for the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam is 18-27 years as of the specified date mentioned in the official notification. Age relaxation is applicable as per government rules.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam Fees:
- The examination fee for the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam is Rs. 100/-. However, female candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM) categories are exempted from paying the examination fee.
- Candidates can pay the examination fee through online or offline modes using various payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, net banking, or SBI Challan. The official notification released by the SSC will provide detailed instructions for paying the examination fee.
SSC STENO 2023 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The SSC Stenographer 2023 exam will be conducted in two stages – A Computer Based Test (CBT) and a Skill Test.
Online Computer-Based Exam Pattern
|No. of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|English Language and Comprehension
The exam pattern for the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam is as follows:
1. Computer-Based Test (CBT):
• The CBT will be conducted online and will consist of 200 multiple-choice questions.
• The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
• The questions will be divided into three sections: General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language & Comprehension.
• Each section will have 50 questions and will carry a weightage of 50 marks.
|Language of Skill Test
|Time Duration (in minutes)
|Time Duration (in minutes) for the candidates who are allowed the use of a scribe in the CBE
|Stenographer Grade “D”
|Stenographer Grade “D”
|Stenographer Grade “C”
|Stenographer Grade “C”
2. Skill Test:
• The skill test will be conducted to evaluate the candidate’s stenography skills.
• The skill test will be of qualifying nature and the marks obtained in the CBT will be considered for final selection.
• Candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/Hindi at a speed of 100 words per minute (w.p.m) for the Stenographer Grade ‘C’ post and 80 w.p.m for the Stenographer Grade ‘D’ post.
• The transcription time will be 40 minutes for English and 55 minutes for Hindi.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam is as follows:
1. General Intelligence & Reasoning:
• Similarities and differences
• Spatial visualization
• Spatial orientation
• Visual memory
• Relationship concepts
• Arithmetical reasoning
• Verbal and figure classification
• Arithmetic number series
• Non-verbal series
2. General Awareness:
• Economic Scene
• General Polity
• Indian Constitution
• Scientific Research
3. English Language & Comprehension:
• Comprehension passage
• Sentence structure
• Synonyms and antonyms
• Sentence completion
• Phrases and idioms
• Error Recognition
• Fill in the blanks (using verbs, prepositions, articles, etc.)
SSC STENO 2023 Vaccancy
At present, there is no information available regarding the vacancies for the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam since the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has not yet released an official notification for the exam. The notification will include all relevant details regarding the number of vacancies and other aspects of the recruitment process. It is recommended that candidates regularly visit the official SSC website to stay updated on any news related to the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam.
How To Apply For SSC Stenographer Exam
Here are the steps to apply for the SSC Stenographer Exam:
Step 1: Visit the official website ssc.nic.in and click on the “Apply” tab.
Step 2: Click on the Stenographer ‘C’ & ‘D’ tab under the “Apply” section.
Step 3: Complete the registration process by entering the required information such as name, contact details, parents’ details, date of birth, etc.
Step 4: Login by entering the OTP received on the given contact details.
Step 5: Note down the registration number and password sent to your mobile number.
Step 6: Fill in all the personal, educational, work experience, and other details requested in the SSC Stenographer online application form.
Step 7: Submit the SSC Stenographer application form online.
Step 8: Make the payment for the exam fee either online or offline.
Keep checking the official website for the latest updates and details about the SSC Stenographer Exam.
SSC STENO 2023 Admit Card
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is likely to release the SSC Steno Admit Card for 2023 a few weeks prior to the examination. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of the SSC. Candidates who have registered successfully for the SSC Steno Exam 2023 can download their admit cards by logging in with their registration number and password.
To download the admit card for the SSC Stenographer Exam 2023, candidates can follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
- Click on the “Admit Card” tab and select the region you have applied for.
- Click on the link for “SSC Steno Admit Card 2023“.
- Enter your registration number and password in the login credentials.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The SSC Steno Admit Card 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details mentioned on the admit card, such as name, roll number, exam date, time, and venue.
- Download the admit card and take a printout.
- Candidates must carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam center, along with a valid photo ID proof.
It is important to download the admit card well in advance to avoid any last-minute technical issues. Candidates should also read all the instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully and follow them strictly to ensure a smooth and hassle-free examination process.
SSC STENO 2023 Result
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will declare the result of the SSC Stenographer 2023 exam on its official website. The result will be announced separately for the Computer Based Test (CBT) and Skill Test. Candidates who qualify for the CBT will be shortlisted for the Skill Test. The final selection will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the CBT, as the Skill Test is qualifying in nature.
To check their results, candidates need to visit the official website of SSC and click on the “Result” tab. They will then be required to enter their roll number and date of birth to access their result.
SSC STENO Scope
The SSC Stenographer 2023 exam is highly competitive, and those who clear it can expect to have access to various job opportunities in different government departments and ministries. Selected candidates will be offered a decent salary package along with other benefits.
The pay scale for the SSC Stenographer post is Rs. 5,200-20,200/- with a Grade Pay of Rs. 2,400/- (Pay band 1). However, the salary structure may vary depending on the posting location and other factors. Apart from the salary, the selected candidates will also be entitled to various benefits such as medical facilities, accommodation, transportation, etc. Moreover, they will have job security and the opportunity to grow in their career by getting promotions and other benefits.